To Our Dearest of Friends,
We all believe in a fantastic student experience on campus and our division is proud to lead university efforts to accelerate the intellectual, social, and personal development of all our students through cutting edge programs, people, facilities, services, and experiences known as the co-curricular experience.
This past year has been highly successful and here are just a few of the accomplishments:
• Student Support: The opening of our new Military and Veterans Success Center to provide exceptional service and support to our veteran students, giving them a one-stop shop for all things our service men and women need to succeed on campus.
• Diversity: Move of our Office of Multicultural Affairs to an expanded and more highly visible office that serves all our students through major programs and initiatives, such as Diversity Week, MLK Week, Black History Month, Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, National Hispanic Heritage Month, and Native American Heritage Month.
• Facilities: Renovation of our Student Life Center, including an expanded student lounge, improved infrastructure (HVAC system), new entrance for our Recreation Center, improved ramp for disabled access, and better landscaping.
• Recreation: Addition of two new sand volleyball courts, new equipment in the Recreation Center, improvement of the soccer pitch to a professional grade field, and the addition of a new green space being changed into a recreational field.
• Education: The addition of two new Living Learning Communities (LLCs) – Living Green to engage our students in this national and worldwide initiative to care for the planet, combining environmental science, policy, and sustainability; Leadership to immerse students in the issues and practices that form impactful leadership that can change their organizations, communities, and the world; along with the continuation of our Biology LLC, which provides a lively co-curricular experience in the multidisciplinary world of biology.
Your contribution to Student Affairs allows us to fund new initiatives that create high impact experiences for students and increase student success and pride at USFSP. Thank you for your continued support of Student Affairs and our mission to accelerate the development of students so they can transform themselves, their organizations, their communities, and the world!
Gardiner "Tuck" Tucker, Ph.D.
Regional Associate Vice Chancellor Student Affairs, Interim
University of South Florda St. Petersburg